Yesterday the CDC expanded the romaine recall, from the initially mentioned pre cut and proceeded product to all romaine products including whole romaine and romaine hearts from the Yuma Arizona growing region. All romaine products at JTB including chopped, shredded, whole and hearts are coming out of the Salinas California. We are confident that all products that we are shipping are not a part of this CDC warning.
entire article can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2018/o157h7-04-18/advice-consumers.html
Please don’t hesitate to give me a call with any questions and have a great weekend!
Advice to Consumers, Restaurants, and Retailers
Information collected to date indicates that romaine lettuce from the Yuma, Arizona growing region could be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7 and could make people sick.
Advice to Restaurants and Retailers
- Restaurants and retailers should not serve or sell any romaine lettuce from the Yuma, Arizona growing region. This includes whole heads and hearts of romaine, chopped romaine, and salads and salad mixes containing romaine lettuce.
- Restaurants and retailers should ask their suppliers about the source of their romaine lettuce.
Advice to Consumers
- Do not buy or eat romaine lettuce at a grocery store or restaurant unless you can confirm it is not romaine lettuce from the Yuma, Arizona, growing region.
- Unless the source of the product is known, consumers anywhere in the United States who have any store-bought romaine lettuce at home should not eat it and should throw it away, even if some of it was eaten and no one has gotten sick. This includes whole heads and hearts of romaine, chopped romaine, and salads and salad mixes containing romaine lettuce. If you do not know if the lettuce is romaine, do not eat it and throw it away.
- Product labels often do not identify growing regions; so, throw out any romaine lettuce if you’re uncertain about where it was grown.
- Wash and sanitize drawers or shelves in refrigerators where romaine lettuce was stored. Follow these five steps to clean your refrigerator.